- What is the employee survey?
Once you’ve submitted your company's application for Best Workplaces, your employees will need to complete the Quantum Workplace 30-question survey. This survey is used in determining a company’s overall score and ranking-. All participating companies will receive an Overview Report from the survey, which shows how your company scored in several categories. To view an example of the employee survey, please visit here: https://events.inc.com/BWP-2023
- Can my company customize the employee survey?
Yes, you may add questions or demographics to the survey to enhance your survey results. Fees for customized surveys vary and are managed through Quantum Workplace, as it runs the employee survey. Customizations do not affect the way your results are scored for the purpose of the competition. Custom questions and non-market employees are excluded from the winner calculations.
- How is the survey distributed to my employees?
The contact person at your company will facilitate the survey invitations for your employees online. The contact person will email employees the unique survey link by uploading employee email addresses into the Quantum Workplace portal.
- Do all of the employees at my company need to complete the survey?
All eligible employees must be invited to take the survey. You will need to achieve employee participation based on the following percentages per size of organization for your company to be considered for an award. (This is necessary to reach a 95 percent confidence level with a margin of error of plus or minus 5 percent.)
- 9 employees or fewer = 100%
- 10 - 50 employees= 85%
- 51–150 = 70%
- 151–500 = 50%
- 501–1,000 = 30%
- 1,001–3,000 = 15%
- 3,001–5,000 = 8%
- More than 5,000 = 5%
- My company has offices in multiple cities and states. How many employees should I include to take the survey?
Please include all permanent employees (full- and part-time) who work within the United States.
- Should partners or owners be allowed to take the survey?
No, partners and owners with more than 5 percent ownership in the company should not be invited to complete the survey.
- Should union employees be included?
Yes, union employees must be included in your employee count and invited to take the survey.
- Most of my employees work part-time. Can I include my part-time employees?
Part-time employees should be included in your employee count.
- Will my company receive the survey results?
You will receive an Overview Report, which will show how your company scored in several categories. You will also have the opportunity to purchase in-depth survey results.
- When can I access my company's survey results?
You will be able to see your company survey results in late April.
- Is the survey confidential?
The Quantum Workplace employee survey is strictly confidential. Companies will have access to survey results at the aggregate level to help you understand and build engagement. Note that certain verbatims will be included as part of the snapshot report, but without attribution (entirely anonymous).
- Is the survey able to be translated for those who are not fluent in English?
Yes, the survey is available online and paper in both English and Spanish. The employees see those options as soon as they access the survey.
- What if I have questions that are not listed here?
We're here to help! For questions please contact email@example.com
- Will our email addresses be used for anything other than the survey program?
No. Quantum Workplace is committed to the highest standards of privacy. It emails your employees only to provide the initial survey, or if they opt in to be included in future research studies. These studies are few and far between, and employees must manually enter their email address if they’re interested. Quantum Workplace does not reprint, resell, or redistribute your employees’ email addresses.
- I have employees who don’t have email addresses. Can they take the survey?
Absolutely! There are two ways this can be facilitated: 1) If your employees have access to a computer (shared or kiosk), they can use a unique URL to take the survey. When you upload your Excel template in the Quantum portal, leave the “email address” column blank for these employees. You will then be able to generate URLs for each of these employees. 2) Employees without computer access can take paper surveys. Quantum charges a $2 fee for all paper surveys submitted, which covers the cost of data entry.
- The number of employees at my organization has changed since I first set up the survey. What should I do?
No problem! You can change your employee count and invite more employees when you log in to the Quantum portal.
- Is there a deadline for completing the employee surveys?
Yes, the deadline for all employee surveys is Friday, February 17, 2023, at 11:59 PM PT.
Have any questions or concerns? Email the Inc. Best Workplaces Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.